Tupelo Masonic Lodge No. 318 F&AM - Forum

Tupelo Masonic Lodge No. 318 TupeloMason® Shutterfly/Forum

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Last Night

Last Night

Last night I knelt where Hiram knelt.
Today I'm closer to my G-d,
tho hereto fore my fellowmen,
seemed each one like the other.
Today I search each one apart,
I'm looking for my Brother.
And as I feel this friendly grip,
it fills my heart with pride.
I know that while I'm on the square
that he is on my side.
His footsteps on my errand go,
if I should such require.
His prayers will plead in my behalf,
if I should so desire.
My words are safe within his breast
as though within my own.
His hand forever at my back,
to safely help me home.
Good councel whispers in my ear
and warns me of any danger.
By square and compass', Brothers Now!
Who once would call me stranger.
I might have lived a moral life
and risen to distinction,
without my brothers helping hand and fellowship,
but G-d who knows how hard it is
to resist life's temptations
knows why I knelt where Hiram knelt.

-Author Unknown

Tupelo Masonic Lodge No. 318 F&AM
http://www.tupelomason.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are not only welcomed, but are encouraged. However, keep your comments within the limits of good taste and please, no business promotions or hyperlinks that do not contain links to reputable Masonic material. Please see our Legal Disclaimer for more details regarding the Terms of Use. Violation of this policy will result in your comment being deleted and/or you being banned from future use of this website.