Tupelo Masonic Lodge No. 318 F&AM - Forum

Tupelo Masonic Lodge No. 318 TupeloMason® Shutterfly/Forum

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I am Freemasonry...

I am Freemasonry, by Ray V. Denslow (G.M. Missouri G.L.):

I was born in antiquity, in the ancient days when men first dreamed of God.
I have been tried through the ages, and found true.
The crossroads of the world bear the imprint of my feet,
and the cathedrals of all nations mark the skill of my hands.
I strive for beauty and for symmetry.

In my heart is wisdom and strength and courage for those who ask.
Upon my altars is the Book of Holy Writ,
and my prayers are to the One Omnipotent God,
my sons work and pray together, without rank or discord,
in the public mart and in the inner chamber.
By signs and symbols I teach the lessons of life and of death
and the relationship of man with God and of man with man.

My arms are widespread to receive those of lawful age and good report
who seek me of their own free will.
I accept them and teach them to use my tools in the building of men,
and thereafter, find direction in their own quest
for perfection so much desired and so difficult to attain.
I lift up the fallen and shelter the sick.
I hark to the orphans' cry, the widows tears,
the pain of the old and destitute.

I am not church, nor party, nor school,
yet my sons bear a full share of responsibility to God, to country,
to neighbor and themselves.
They are freemen, tenacious of their liberties and alert to lurking danger.
At the end I commit them as each one undertakes the journey
beyond the vale into the glory of everlasting life.

I ponder the sands within the glass and think how small is a single life
in the eternal universe. Always have I taught immortality,
and even as I raise men from darkness into light, I am a way of life.

I am Freemasonry.

The End... but actually, just the beginning.


Tupelo Masonic Lodge No. 318 F&AM
http://www.tupelomason.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are not only welcomed, but are encouraged. However, keep your comments within the limits of good taste and please, no business promotions or hyperlinks that do not contain links to reputable Masonic material. Please see our Legal Disclaimer for more details regarding the Terms of Use. Violation of this policy will result in your comment being deleted and/or you being banned from future use of this website.